October 10, 2011

Break Time!

After taking out 22 rows of knitting today, and realizing that I missed one cable and thus need to take out another 4 rows..... it's time to take a break!

I think when I'm working on a pattern that requires a lot of attention, I need something on the side to break it up.  Something simple, something gratifying, something small.  Something for a baby!


I've browsed several books for baby ideas, and the Ribbed Baby Jacket by Debbie Bliss is one of the ONLY sweaters that has really jumped out at me as cute and practical for a newborn.  I even picked out lavender yarn for the project, it just looks so sweet!  I'm using yarn from the new Martha Stewart craft line that Joann's is carrying.  It's an acrylic and wool blend, super soft, and has a light sheen that gives the stitches a really defined look.  So excited!

P.S.  I'll post about the frustrating project mentioned at the top at some point.  I'm working on a drapey sweater perfect for pregnant and nursing mamas.  Only problem is that I'm making it up as I go along, so it's a bit more involved than I'd planned!  I really do love it, but my brain needs a breather!

No comments:

Post a Comment