September 14, 2011

Stitch by Stitch

I have a lot of projects going on right now....
Captain America is definitely on the back burner.
Aev's sweater is almost finished.


I've been wanting to make a knitting needle case for the longest time, and that is about half finished.
But, what I've been working on lately (and must have finished by the 24th) is my sister's wedding veil.

After looking at veils, she didn't like the prices, and she asked me to make it.  Ok, I'm always up for something new!  How hard can it be?  Well, now that I am hand-stitching satin ribbon all along this poufy, 36" long veil, I totally understand why they are 70 dollars!  I tried it with the machine, but it just wasn't gentle enough, and threads of the ribbon kept getting snagged.  

However, as I am sewing, stitch by stitch, I'm trying to remember that some things take time.... and patience.  I've spent some of the stitching time praying for my husband.  I've always wanted to get into this habit, but I've not been very devoted in the past.  The last few weeks I've decided to change that.  This has been a great way to get my focus off the little things that irritate me, and onto the man that God created.  I've found new things to thank God for, and I've been more sensitive to what may be stress factors that affect my husband.  One thing is for sure... if you want to change your attitude about something or someone, start looking at them from God's perspective.  Any situations or people you need to start praying for?

No comments:

Post a Comment