February 23, 2011

Winding Path Complete!


It took about one month, but my first sweater is complete!  This is the Winding Path pattern from Wenlan Chia, as featured in 50 Reversible Knits.

You can see in my photos how the neck can be worn as the body.  Very clever idea, but I much prefer it with the stockinette body and big ribbed neck.  This sort of defeats the whole point of the 'winding path' though!  I also want to add a few inches to the stockinette, since it rolls.  And to the sleeves.  

Flipped upside down- so cozy!!

Winding Path ribbing
I love the color and I love how warm the sweater is!  All in all, I'm very pleased with my first try and I can't wait to make another sweater.  Well, maybe for next fall and winter!

5 comments:

  1. Wow that's wonderful. Such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job! I wouldn't have ever guessed this was your first sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color and great work! Keep on knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for your nice comment :) I love your sweater. Tone

    ReplyDelete