February 15, 2011

Signature Drink

I've never been one for martinis, but that was only when I was limiting them to vodka.  Now a martini with champagne is something I can really love!!  I made these last night (based on the Ritz Martini at Cheesecake Factory), and it could be one of my favorite drinks.


Champagne Cocktail:

3/4 oz. cognac
1/2 oz. Cointreau
3/4 oz. pomegranate juice
squeeze of lemon
brut champagne

Mix first 4 ingredients in a martini shaker and add ice.
Shake for 15 seconds and strain into glass.
Top off with champagne.
Enjoy the night!



Although it is pink, men will like this drink too!  You can use as little as 1 1/2 oz. champagne, but I prefer mine around 3 oz.!  Classic and delicious!

Here's a clip from one of my favorite movies, Priceless (Hors de Prix).  I've been dreaming of the perfect champagne cocktail ever since I saw it, and now I've found my signature drink!


(Sorry there are no subtitles!)




No comments:

Post a Comment