January 12, 2011

Snowy Days

I love snow days!  I never thought I would look forward to days when school was cancelled, but now that my little girly is in kindergarten, I cherish the days we unexpectedly get to just hang around the house together.  Movies, hot chocolate, books, games, and a little knitting for me!

I finished a new hat for Aevyn this morning.  It's a beret style with a bow threaded through the rim.  I'm not sure of that detail yet.  I might switch it out for a floppy, satin bow.  What do you think?  You can buy your own soon in my etsy shop!

I'm looking forward to a cozy evening with my husband tonight.  He was stuck in Detroit last night after his flight home was cancelled, so it will be nice to spend some time together.  Have you ever played Settlers of Catan?  It's one of our favorite games, and we also have the card game, for nights when it's just the two of us.  I'm thinking some spiced wine might be just the thing to help beat the cold winter night.  Here's my recipe:


Winter Wassail

4 cups red wine
4 orange slices
6 whole cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
2 T sugar

Simmer these together for about 15 minutes.
Pour into mugs and use cinnamon stick as a garnish.

(I think I'll add a dash of Cointreau or brandy too!) 

Enjoy your winter evening!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment