August 26, 2011

Getting Ready for Fall

I am knitting a sweater for Aevyn that I think is going to be adorable for school!  My husband bought me a Bergere de France knitting magazine, and I absolutely love the patterns!  First of all, it was very special that he would pick out something so perfect; but second, it's very hard for me to find a collection of patterns that impresses me that much.  I would love to knit several of the sweaters for Aev. 

But, one at a time.... this is the sweater she's getting first.


I've worked across one sleeve so far, and am getting ready to split for the neck.
The top photo doesn't show the color very well, but this next one is not very sharp.  Combine the two, you get the picture!  


I'm using Debbie Norville Serenity yarn.  It's a cheap acrylic, but it will be easy to care for, and I love how plush it is!

I'm looking forward to knitting a lot while we're stuck inside with Hurricane Irene coming up the coast... and the best part is that they have already cancelled the first day of school!  One more day with my girl!

Stay safe and dry this weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I'm pretty excited about it! And the pattern sizes go up to 14, so who knows, maybe I'll knit myself one!

    ReplyDelete